Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Surprise Baby Shower

I was in an awful mood Monday.  Well, maybe not awful but it didn't feel very pleasant.  You would think with only 8 days to go until meeting Samuel or Hannah I'd be soaring on a cloud wouldn't you?  Not so much.
The day started off with a phone call from anesthesia at 08:03.  I was pretty excited at that point.  {Woo whoo!  We're almost there!}  Then I was a little less excited when the gal {who was very nice} started asking me questions about any problems with anesthesia in the past.  I explained to her how I threw up a lot after Izzy's.  She said she'd make a note of it but she couldn't think of any reason why I'd have no trouble with the first three but then be throwing up after the fourth.  Well, guess what?  I don't know either!  So, while I plan to continue to ask for something to help with the potential nausea {puking really isn't fun after an abdominal surgery} I am suddenly not so hopeful of a different outcome.
We also had another dr. apt. which went fine...but I went in thinking it would be my last trip there until our big day only to find out they wanted me to come back the following week to sign all of the consent forms and have my blood work done.  Not kidding, the day before our c-section.  I was a little less than amused!  I'm guessing they don't make people who live out of town drive back two days in a row just for paperwork...
Then, it was just the very typical {I'm sure} restless, frustrated attitude that comes with being 9 months pregnant and just waiting.  Oh, along with a headache I'd had since before church Sunday morning.
After that it was a very reluctant 7 year old and her homework.  I think it took over an hour and a half to do two pages of math and her spelling words - and trust me - you can't push her to go faster or she slows down - and it was one of those evenings when supper needed to be on time because of wrestling practice.
The thing that carried me through {besides whining a little to my mom} was knowing I had Catholic Moms Group later that evening.  This group has seriously saved my sanity in the past and I was ready for someone to make me laugh all the stress away.  They did that and so much more.  I was already feeling the stress draining away with conversations starting to swirl around me and sipping on a caramel mocha when the girls surprised me by throwing a surprised baby shower for Baby Cinco.  I would never in my wildest dreams have thought that was coming.  It's CINCO after all.  Number five.  The last baby shower I had of any kind was when we were expecting Sis.  When I said as much one of the ladies piped up and said, "every baby deserves to be celebrated".  Such sweet words that I'm still holding close.
Cinco made out like a little bandit.  Some diapers {yes, they'll get used.  It will actually take a little bit for Cinco to grow into the cloth diapers I have.  He/she has to be at least 8lbs.}, wipes, books, a lovey blanket and some gift cards.  A couple of the ladies even gave us a bag full of freezer food, waffles, sausage, breakfast burritos, etc.  Could I be more blessed?  I think not.
I'm a nerd {or just a hormonal pregnant lady}.  I almost cried on the way home after that.  I love these gals.  They are some of my closest friends here.  We laugh together, suffer each other's heartaches, and pray together through it all.  I am feeling so loved and I'm determined to wait out these last days more patiently than I was at the beginning of this one.  Thank you, Lord, for reminding me just how blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment