Thursday, March 27, 2014

2 Months

Wowzers what a day.  Nothing terribly exciting happened but I feel like I am floundering in the seas.  I feel a bit...directionless, I think is the adjective I'm looking for.  There are so many things on my "not so important list" that I feel like I need to get through before I can focus on the "more important" things and I'm having to let go and freshen my perspective - and that is a work in progress.  I want to be an awesome mom to my kiddos way before I want to be an amazing laundress, so why do I insist on putting my laundry first every day??  Well, for starters, I'd drown in clothing if I didn't put it first sometimes, but there is no reason to put it first every day.  So this is me making a resolution to put my girls before my laundry tomorrow...and the day after that.  By Saturday I'll probably have to put the laundry first temporarily or I'll find Claudine digging through my drawer for socks again.
And yes, I said "girls".  G and Elizabeth definitely need some of their mama {or at least, their mama needs some of them!}.  A certain little blessing gets plenty of his own time in.  Speaking of which, here's and update on our growing 8 week old baby boy!  Eight weeks.  Two months.  No matter how you say it I already feel like I'm losing the war with the grains of sand in my hands.  Time is already slipping away. 
Samuel is not a great sleeper but it's improving.  In this photo I was apparently so desperate to get away unnoticed that I lay him in his pack n' play with the boppy pillow still under him.  Picture me getting out of the rocking chair, walking over to the pack n' play with the pillow still around my waist with him on it and then ever so carefully bending over the side to lay him in there.  Yep.  Desperate.  :)

Hanging out on the changing table while that goofy lady takes more pictures.



Samuel with his koala at 2 months old.  He and the bear are still pretty much the same size.
Getting more alert and curious every day.

The kids are really loving that Samuel is starting to interact with them.  His coos and smiles keep them all coming back for more.  I've also been pumping occasionally to let one of them feed him a bottle.  Geralyn got a turn today and made it about 3/4 the way through before she got bored with it.  Still pretty good for her and she was excited to do "her turn".
Smiling for his big sister G.  He seems pretty drawn to her and she gets the biggest reactions from him so far.

It started as a small smile and then it grew!
I LOVE THESE KIDS!  Looking at them I suddenly understand those silly princesses who just burst into song in the cartoons G watches.  These guys make me want to sing my heart out!
Eli had to share his Lego Spiderman with Samuel for the pictures.  I thought it was a sweet gesture!
Does anything say "love" more than this?  Izzy adores her baby brother.  I think the feeling is mutual!
Happy 2 months little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment