Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Home! Photos with Aunt Renee

We were dismissed on Thursday morning.  I'd already sent most of our stuff {including the camera} on home with Jason the night before so I don't have pictures of leaving but here is Samuel just minutes after getting home and starting to settle in.
Samuel all ready to go on his first outing since coming home from the hospital.  We went out to eat with Grandma Stein, Uncle Rocky, Aunt Renee, Brynn, Daegan and Cambrie.  Samuel slept through the whole thing.  His second outing was to church on Sunday morning and he slept through most of that as well
Once we got home Aunt Renee loved up on him lots and even took some pictures of him.  I've seen a few and I can't wait to see more!
Yes, he does have eyes!  The kids were a little concerned about this in the beginning because he'd never open them while they were at the hospital - or he'd just open one.
 G and Iz are still very proud big sisters.
A little bit of bedhead going on here but if you had any doubts from the first picture about just how happy Izzy is to be a big sister this should put them to rest.  The first thing Iz asks in the morning is, "I hold him!?" and she will repeat it like a broke record until you give Samuel over.
These are of Samuel at 1 week old.
I would say one week has flown by...and in a way it has.  In another it's been week of watching the hours pass while begging Samuel to sleep a little less during the day and a little more at night.  The first couple nights at home were the roughest.  Samuel would wake up to nurse but then wake up within 5-10 minutes of being laid down.  Thankfully, the last couple of nights he's gotten in at least one good four hour stretch that has actually allowed me to sleep in my own bed and that has been a mental lifesaver! 
Samuel had a 1 week check up yesterday and weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz.  He's still 5 oz. below his birth weight but he is gaining and that's the good news.
In honor of his one week birthday here's a few pictures of our little prince.  This is a picture of him with the koala I got him at the beginning of our pregnancy.  I'm planning to take a picture with him and the bear each month to show him growing...
My mom bought this framed print secretly after I said how much I liked it and gave it to me the day before Samuel was born.  I just love it!
Here is our precious little guy.
Samuel had a visit from Aunt Renee {and family} on the Friday after he came home.  In between cuddles Aunt Renee played with her camera - and this mama is always happy for more pictures of my favorite people!  Here's a few more pictures of our sweet new arrival.
I was very happy to get some pictures of Eli with his baby brother!
Eli is a very proud big brother.  I think he may have been a little sad Samuel didn't come out throwing a baseball but with a big brother like Eli I know he'll be pitching a ball in no time!
Sweetness.
 
Ah, baby feet.  I love baby feet!
 
I love how God can take two people and make something so precious.  We have been so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment